Skip to main content

tv   Liberally Stephanie Miller  Current  July 19, 2013 6:00am-9:01am PDT

6:00 am
6:01 am
6:02 am
6:03 am
6:04 am
6:05 am
6:06 am
6:07 am
6:08 am
6:09 am
6:10 am
6:11 am
6:12 am
6:13 am
6:14 am
6:15 am
6:16 am
6:17 am
6:18 am
6:19 am
6:20 am
6:21 am
6:22 am
6:23 am
6:24 am
6:25 am
6:26 am
6:27 am
6:28 am
6:29 am
6:30 am
6:31 am
6:32 am
6:33 am
6:34 am
6:35 am
6:36 am
6:37 am
6:38 am
6:39 am
6:40 am
6:41 am
6:42 am
6:43 am
6:44 am
6:45 am
6:46 am
6:47 am
6:48 am
6:49 am
6:50 am
6:51 am
6:52 am
6:53 am
6:54 am
6:55 am
6:56 am
6:57 am
6:58 am
6:59 am
7:00 am
w, now. jacki, i was just producing and screening the people that have health care questions for you. >> yeah, i have a huge twitter fire storm blowing up right now. >> would you like to address it at the top of the hour? >> yeah, i can call back in. >> hooray. >> stephanie: we have an obamacare-nado going on right now. >> it's a health care room with padded walls. >> stephanie: we have more ask jacki questions on the line. which i think i could be a phone screener, in case this goes awry. >> sure, we are all multi-tasking here. >> stephanie: exactly. here she is taking off her nurse
7:01 am
jacki cap, jacki schechner in the current tv center. >> good morning, everybody. secretary of state, john kerry heading to the west bank in an effort to try to reignite the israeli palestinian peace process. he is planning to connect with palestinian president. negotiators want to guarantee that talks over borders will be based on a ceasefire line that was in place from 1949 until 1967, israel is refusing to accept preconditions to negotiations. the white house has put out a statement saying that in his regular correspondence, president obama has encouraged netanyahu to keep working with secretary kerry and resume negotiations as soon as
7:02 am
possible. protesters finally got to meet with rick scott to repeal the stand your ground law. >> we had great people on that board. they listened about the stand your ground laws they came back and said we shouldn't change it and i agree with it. >> scott gave them an hour yesterday. the seven protest leaders asked that scott call a special session of the legislature to work on repealing stand your ground, and take steps also to stop racial profiling. he listened and then said no, and said there will be a day of prior. we're back after the break. ♪ if you believe in state's rights but still support the drug war you must be high.
7:03 am
>> "viewpoint" digs deep into the issues of the day. >> do you think there is any chance we'll ever hear the president even say the word "carbon tax"? >> with an opened mind... >> has the time finally come for real immigration reform? >> ...and a distinctly satirical point of view. >> but you mentioned great leadership so i want to talk about donald rumsfeld. >> (laughter) >> cutting throught the clutter of today's top stories. >> this is the savior of the republican party? i mean really? >> ... with a unique perspective. >> teddy rosevelt was a weak asmatic kid who never played sports until he was a grown up. >> (laughter) >> ... and lots of fancy buz words. >> family values, speding, liberty, economic freedom, hard-working moms, crushing debt, cute little puppies. if wayne lapierre can make up stuff that sounds logical while making no sense... hey, so can i. once again friends, this is live tv and sometimes these things happen. >> watch the show. >> only on current tv.
7:04 am
this show is about analyzing criticizing, and holding policy to the fire.
7:05 am
are you encouraged by what you heard the president say the other night? is this personal, or is it political? a lot of my work happens by doing the things that i'm given to doing anyway, by staying in touch with everything that is going on politically and putting my own nuance on it. in reality it's not like they actually care. this is purely about political grandstanding. i've worn lots of hats, but i've always kept this going. i've been doing politics now for a dozen years. (vo) he's been called the epic politics man. he's michael shure and his arena is the war room. >> these republicans in congress that think the world ends at the atlantic ocean border and pacific ocean border. the bloggers and the people that are sort of compiling the best of the day. i do a lot of looking at those people as well. not only does senator rubio just care about rich people, but somehow he thinks raising the minimum wage is a bad idea for the middle class. but we do care about them right?
7:06 am
♪ ♪ it's a beautiful day ♪ ♪ don't let it get away ♪ >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." happy friday. coffee with carlos alazraqui next hour, filling in for john fugelsang today. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. oh, my goodness, in two parts. ♪ oh oh oh ♪ >> stephanie: jacki what did you do on twitter. >> can we make it gin with jacki. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: it seems like you could not have that condescending tone on twitter. >> there are a couple of things i want to clarify. >> stephanie: all right. >> when i say when you get sick you go to the doctor, it is not
7:07 am
mandatory to see a doctor. you can get sick, stay home and die. >> stephanie: it seems like you are trying to take away people's freedom to die. >> yes you have the right to die if you want to die. i once had an argument with a woman that said if her kid fell down, and she wanted to superglue her head back together that was her priority. >> stephanie: you are like that's fine. hold on a second, child protective services -- >> yes. and you can pay cash. you don't have to buy health insurance if you can afford to do that. but i would say most people don't know how expensive medical bills are. and health insurance can help mitigate against that. and the third thing i want to add is we haven't implemented everything yet, so yes, there
7:08 am
will be gaps until we get all of this implemented but we're taking steps in the right direction, and that's what is important to note. we're note going to fix this entire system in one flail swoop. there will be glitches along the way. not everybody is going to get covered in the country, because we couldn't get that going, it would be nice to have some sort of single payer system. that's not what we're getting. we're taking steps to make health care more affordable. >> stephanie: by the way, jacki is here because the president had to speak about health care again yesterday to battle the ongoing misinformation including the new karl roved a. ♪ obamacare, tornado, obamacare-nado.
7:09 am
>> nearly 7 million americans could lose their employer-based plans. >> many people have already seen higher premiums. >> doctors are turning more seniors away. >> obamacare [ inaudible ]. >> leaving a path of destruction through our economy. >> transforming the united states of america. >> the perfect storm is coming. are you ready? >> death panel-nado. >> stephanie: jacki let's pluck out a couple of the lies -- >> sure. >> stephanie: how many people did they say are going to lose employer-based insurance. >> a billion. >> stephanie: why would that happen? >> i don't know, because 85% of the country already gets their health insurance through their employer, and that's not changing other than adding additional protections. >> stephanie: right. a big fat lie then.
7:10 am
>> and i would add that employers have been shifting costs on to their employs for years now. >> stephanie knows that she provides insurance. >> stephanie: not if i didn't have to. >> the amount your employer is covering for you versus what you have to provide for yourself is getting worse over the years, and you don't usually have a choice, right? your employer picks the best plan and that's what you have to go with. >> now is it true that employers might be trying to shove people on to the state-run exchanges? >> in theory, i suppose some crappy employer who has no concern for their employees -- >> if they can save money or something -- >> stephanie: that's what i was thinking. >> i don't know how you do that because if you take the big
7:11 am
picture into account, you want the best employers, and you want to appreciate them. so i don't understand why you were disenfranchise people who work for you -- the lost-benefit analysis of that seems to weigh heavily in favor -- >> stephanie: let's pluck something out of the obamacare-nado. doctors turning seniors away. we have heard that before right? >> yeah, i don't know where that would come from, because a lot of the doctors i work with, and the ones i encounter still like medicare because it pays. they just submit their forms and medicare pays it and they go on their way. it's the insurance companies that fight them tooth and nail to pay out benefits. i don't know doctors that aren't taking medicare. >> stephanie: okay. gwynn in north carolina. >> caller: hey, how are you doing? >> stephanie: go ahead go
7:12 am
ahead. >> caller: all right. and thanks, jacki. i'm on a pension, no social security benefit. and i'm paying half of my check in insurance, it's $13,000 a year, and i'm just trying to find out will obamacare help me? and i say it with love, obamacare. will it love me? and will i get a rebate and do you have a phone number? because i'm worse than your buddy over there with computers? >> i'm not going to give out my phone number -- >> caller: not yours, a number i can dial -- >> stephanie: i'll give it out later. >> caller: okay. >> i was always taught not to ask a woman her age. are you in the medicare bracket? >> caller: no. >> one of the things that will happen, you will be able to shop on your state-based exchange
7:13 am
and be able to compare and contrast plans that have basic benefits, and that should bring your cost down considerably, and then depending on how much you make, what your pension check is, you should qualify for government subsidy, so it will bring the rate down even more. >> caller: would i apply in the state i live or the state i get my pension from? because my pension comes out of new jersey? >> caller: i would imagine it is the state that you live in but i would go to your state administrators for that question. what state are you living in? >> caller: i'm living in north carolina, but the state of new jersey is my insurance company. >> i would imagine then you would have to go through new jersey, but that is a state-based question, and it would be a matter of what the
7:14 am
administrators in the state chose to do. >> caller: and what about the rebate? >> the rebate will come through a letter to you, telling you are getting a rebate. the insurance companies are required to send out a notification to tell you if you are getting a rebate. >> caller: i never go to the doctor, so -- >> it has to do with the insurance company, and whether or not they spent 80% of the premiums they collected on actual medical care, so it's not your personal rebate in that -- whether or not you go to a doctor -- it's did the insurance company take 80% of all of the money it made and spending it on actual medical care. >> stephanie: all right. okay. charles in st. paul. hey, charles go ahead. >> caller: hi, i'm an aging baby boomer, and there's a point that has gone missing in, like young people are being told that they have to buy health insurance
7:15 am
and they don't want to buy health insurance because they are healthy, and they think it's a waste of their money and all of that sort of thing, meanwhile young people are kind of unhappy because my age are not retiring we're staying and working because we have to. and a lot of times that's because of the health care. i have a number of friends that are just waiting for affordable care act to come in so that -- and just don't get between them and the door, because they are gone. and that's one thing that i think has gone missing about what affordable care act will do for young people. yes, they will have to buy health care insurance, but they are going to have jobs then too. >> stephanie: right. >> caller: and you guys do such a great job. stephanie you are wonderful, and jim i wish we could hear more of your voices and buckwheat you are just wonderful on the board. >> stephanie: wow. >> wait was that a reference to the pancakes on his shirt.
7:16 am
>> is it. >> stephanie: good job, buckwheat. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: that's true, jacki, all of us old people will be shuffled out of our jobs to the youth can come in. >> that's not a bad point. first of all a lot of people stay on their jobs a lot longer than they should or need to because of their health insurance. so that happens. a lot of people stay on for the benefits, and that's a true point, as people get older and they need access to reasonable health care and they didn't get it because once you leave your job you are no longer guaranteed coverage if you have a preexisting condition. but when you are in a group plan with an employer you get coverage because you are part of that group plan. when you are by yourself they can deny you, so being in the group plan has the benefits. now they are going to have to take you. >> stephanie: and he is right,
7:17 am
there is probably some baby female d.j. somewhere thinking about me -- >> oh, for god's sake just die! [ laughter ] >> stephanie: martin in virginia, real quick for jacki last one. hello, martin go ahead. >> caller: yeah hey, steph, this is martin in virginia calling for -- >> stephanie: all right. now you have used up all your time. >> caller: no, no, no. wait, please. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: hurry, martin! >> caller: steph, you are the best. >> stephanie: all right. i love you honey. >> caller: please congress gets free medical care at taxpayer's expense, and >> that's right. >> caller: -- and if they had to pay on the open market they would have a different opinion. >> stephanie: all right. jacki that was your second
7:18 am
corner, you must be winded. >> yeah, i'm ready for a drink. you can make mine dirty. >> just like you. >> stephanie: it's at jacki schechner on twitter. go ahead and send me questions, and i'll try to answer them as best as i can. >> stephanie: yeah, and siri calls you calling jacki casekner or something like that. all right eighteen minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> that is great radio. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
7:19 am
7:20 am
7:21 am
7:22 am
current tv is the place for true stories. with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines. real, gripping, current. documentaries... on current tv. ♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ i'm a bitch i'm a lover i'm a child, i'm a mother, i'm saner, i'm a saint, i do not feel ashamed ♪ >> well, you should. ♪ i'm your emp, i'm your dream,
7:23 am
i'm nothing in between, you know you wouldn't want it any other way ♪ >> yeah, i kind of would. >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome to it. some guy tweeted to jacki, i'll give you some health care. >> see where i'm going with this. >> stephanie: what? yeah right. brush up your flirting skills -- >> i think he was being per i have. >> stephanie: all right. well that was hot. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: all right. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. >> i'll give you a tongue depressor. >> i'll give you an injection. >> stephanie: right. i got an oral solution for you. something. come on people, do we have to do everything for you? >> and we're just spitballing. >> stephanie: exactly. we're just warming up on jacki. let's go to dorothy in michigan.
7:24 am
you are on the "stephanie miller show." hi, dorothy, sorry about detroit. >> caller: i am too. hi, stephanie how are you doing? >> stephanie: i'm all right. yeah, detroit, the largest city -- >> if the state would pay them their money, they probably wouldn't have to go bankrupt. snyder won't give them their money. any way you guys are wonderful. and for those white people that call in, i would like to say you guys are just wonderful. >> stephanie: well, you would say that because i'm a race traitor. >> caller: if it hadn't been for white people even during martin luther king times, we wouldn't have gotten anywhere.
7:25 am
pat buchanan said black american's problems isn't white racism. >> stephanie: he says that black people should thank whites for the nice boat ride to america. >> caller: yes he does. and that's why rachel maddow doesn't have him on her show. i have a son that will be 42 this year. and i have always talked to my son, always, and i still talk to him now, because he lives in california, but it is hard for young people and older people black males. >> stephanie: right. >> caller: but some people don't use common sense and say why is this happening? why is new york just doing this to black people and hispanics and not anybody else? that would be the question in my mind. >> stephanie: i think we have to
7:26 am
stop blackmailing black males is what i'm saying. >> caller: that's a good one. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: a famous actress friend said every time she has to cry in a movie, she thinks of detroit, and then i hear marvin gay in my head -- ♪ what's going on what's going on ♪ >> stephanie: all right. our thoughts and prayers to the great city of detroit. ♪ what's going on ♪ >> stephanie: okay. all right. let's go to dave in buffalo. you are on the "stephanie miller show." hi, dave. >> caller: hey steph. hi guys. it's the official librarian of the "stephanie miller show." my partner is a florida native and when this whole thing happened with trayvon, we just knew that things weren't going to end well.
7:27 am
you made the point that the prosecution dodged it. my partner was a victim of a serious crime -- he was a jewelry store manager, and they were robbed at gunpoint one night while he was closing and it was planned by one of the security guards. it was an inside job. and they planned to kill my partner, and they bound and gagged him and my partner recognized one of the security guards, but for some reason they decided not to shoot him, which was very nice, but he -- he left the state and went back to give testimony when the trial came up, and despite being an eyewitness, like these are the guys that put the gun to my head, they still found the guys not guilty. one of the guys was convicted of a lesser charge but everybody else walked. and we just knew that it was not going to go well for the martin family. >> stephanie: yeah, it's really a shame. i saw them on an interview
7:28 am
yesterday, and they seem like lovely folks. the detroit mayor yesterday. >> i really didn't want to go in this direction, but now that we are here, we have to make the best of it. >> stephanie: he said this is the only viable option for a problem that has been six decades in the making. >> this will make the citizens better off, and this is a new start for us. >> stephanie: and governor rick snyder yesterday as well. >> this is a very difficult and painful decision, but if you look at it there's no other viable option. >> stephanie: first i would start by getting rid of him. >> that's a viable option right there. >> stephanie: joyce in minneapolis real quick. >> caller: i wanted to say the reason that trayvon didn't have blood on his hands because he did not bloody zimmerman's nose. his friend that came around the corner with the flashlight to
7:29 am
help zimmerman with the body hit him with the flashlight. >> stephanie: well, i -- >> wouldn't surprise me. >> stephanie: it was a key question that was not answered. how could he have bloodied him -- >> here make it look like he beat me out. >> stephanie: nobody has answered that question for me. why can't i get answers? i want the truth. twenty-nine minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." ♪ they should self-deport? >> no, they said "make us a turkey and make it fast". >> (laughter). >> she gets the comedians laughing. >> that's the best! >> that's hilarious. >> ... and the thinkers thinking. >> okay, so there is wiggle room in the ten commandments is what you're telling me. >> she's joy behar. >> ya, i consider you jew-talian. >> okay, whatever you want. >> who plays kafka? >> who saw kafka? >> who ever saw kafka? >> (laughter). >> asking the tough questions. >> chris brown, i mean you wouldn't let one of your daughters go out with him. >> absolutely not. >> you would rather deal with
7:30 am
ahmadinejad then me? >> absolutely! >> (singing) >> i take lipitor, thats it. >> are you improving your lips? >> (laughter). >> when she's talking, you never know where the conversation is going to go. >> it looks like anthony wiener is throwing his hat in the ring. >> his what in the ring? >> his hat. >> always outspoken, joy behar. >> and the best part is that current will let me say anything. what the hell were they thinking? >> only on current tv.
7:31 am
7:32 am
7:33 am
♪ >> she looks at the world through hopeful eyes and maintains a common resilience
7:34 am
that can only be admires. in this sense -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. . >> -- is not the typical american girl. she is far sweeter and kinder. >> huh? what? >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. jim has taken a break from showing me cute pictures of cats -- oh look it's a dog spooning with a cat. >> he walked on his hind legs. >> the doggy had no paws so he talked on his hind legs like a man. >> little hairy man with a tail. all he needs is a hat. >> stephanie: a little boller hat. i don't mean to do a cat people are weird story, but an oklahoma threatened a man with a knife before announcing that she had had sex with a cat.
7:35 am
>> a cat's tongue can be rough. >> stephanie: she asked if he wanted to die. morrison called the cops. when the police asked him why she threatened him. she said because he knows i had sex with the cat and everyone knows. >> oh, my god! >> maybe the cat -- >> stephanie: maybe the cat is chatty. no one likes a chatty cat. shhhh. it is unclear if brown actually engaged in intercourse with her cat according to the police. [ applause ] >> stephanie: so that happened or didn't in oklahoma city. >> was it boxcar or shoe face? >> stephanie: what are the
7:36 am
chances we have carlos alazraqui coming on later. who played the famous cat lady on our show. [ cats mowing. ] >> come, come come popcorn. that's right. come on. [ meowing ] >> stephanie: stupid kiss and tell cat. okay. let's go to emma in rochester. you are on the "stephanie miller show." hi, emma. >> caller: good morning. i only have one comment. if trayvon martin had been a thug thug, then george zimmerman would have been dead because trayvon would have been packing. >> stephanie: thank you. [♪breaking news theme♪] >> stephanie: zimmerman jury
7:37 am
sequestration includes steaks and pedicures. for their bang up job they were allowed to go bowling, go to the museum, they got dinners at outback steakhouse -- >> that sounds like a bribe. >> all we got was a free pencil and a legal pad. >> stephanie: really? >> yes. >> stephanie: you got gypped. >> and he had sex with a cat. >> stephanie: well, there was that. terry in seattle, welcome. >> caller: i have this -- get your finger on an i'm an idiot button. so joe biden does this interview, and he says every american should own a double-barrel shotgun and put it by the front door if they hear anything in the night, go outside and fire off the shotgun. so this guy -- i think it was -- this was on the news yesterday morning. this guy sees somebody in his
7:38 am
front yard robbing his car. instead of calling the police he goes outside in a very crowded neighborhood he goes outside and fires his double barrel shotgun off. it is funny, but it wouldn't be funny if somebody got hurt. here is to biden, i guess, huh? >> stephanie: well, i think we mentioned that at the time. >> there is something called gravity. >> stephanie: barry in houston. hey, barry. >> caller: hey stephanie. i wanted to help explain to some of the white listeners out there, what this whole trayvon story does is brings up that dynamic in the black neighborhood, stop snitching don't cooperate with the police. this is a prime example why, because if it was a white kid he would have called the police and
7:39 am
said some creepy guy is following me. but black people oftentimes feel they are guilty until proven innocent. and then you have the cops who look at youed a automatically being suspect just because of who you are or how you look. so it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. >> stephanie: yeah. interesting. interesting. fred in chicago. >> caller: everybody asked why there was no blood on zimmerman's hands -- >> stephanie: you mean trayvon's hands. >> caller: yeah. >> stephanie: not just no blood. no dna, nothing -- >> caller: first of all, i have broken enough noses to tell you first of all you nail a guy with a quick punch, and the nose doesn't bleed until afterwards -- >> stephanie: but there would
7:40 am
still be dna -- >> caller: but the guy laid out there in the rain -- >> stephanie: but dna would not be wished off of trayvon's hands in the rain -- >> caller: oh, yes it would. >> stephanie: for what reason have you punched a lot of guys in the nose? >> caller: i used to box. >> stephanie: what? >> caller: i used to box. it doesn't always bleed immediately. >> you still have dna like skin flakes and something like that -- >> stephanie: at least his violence was sanctioned by somebody. >> i don't get boxing. >> stephanie: i don't either. >> or mma. >> stephanie: joe in dallas, you are on the "stephanie miller show." hi, joe. >> caller: hey, how are you
7:41 am
doing? >> stephanie: good, go ahead. >> caller: i just think this whole case is stupid because if it was a black guy who killed a white guy or hispanic guy, they would have gave him a harder sentence. if it was a white guy who killed a black guy, they would have said it was a racially motivated crime. and zimmerman wasn't even white -- >> stephanie: he describes himself as a white hispanic. >> caller: i understand that. >> stephanie: he was half white half hispanic. >> caller: right. right. but the thing is that if anybody did any other case that was just like this case they would have had the book thrown at them. because it would have been a racially motivated hate crime. the only reason why he did not get what he deserved is because it was in the media, and he had who he had representing him. >> stephanie: yeah justice was green in this case.
7:42 am
he did it for free. who gets a free really good attorney -- >> wow. >> stephanie: steve in chicago. hi, steve. >> caller: hi can you be on like chile [ inaudible ] attack woman. >> stephanie: pardon me? >> can you meow like -- >> do your pur. [ pur noise ] >> caller: now i'm excited i can't remember what i was going to say. >> stephanie: whatever steve. >> caller: what i was going to say there is an expression of art form where the caucasian head is remodelled into a 2-d-ed pancake. you have to think there is something wrong with these people and they are calling frazier crain radio psychiatrist and not the "stephanie miller show." >> stephanie: was there a point in there? >> caller: i think that's what [ inaudible ] asked mike wallace
7:43 am
was there a question in there? >> by think way when you are telling these little stories, here is an idea. have a point. it makes it so much more interesting for the listener. >> stephanie: that was a bunch of weird references -- >> all he needed was turk-a guard. >> stephanie: yeah. don in washington state, you are on the "stephanie miller show." welcome. >> caller: thank you, stephanie. i appreciate it. i always enjoy listening to you guys in the morning, it helps me get through the day. >> stephanie: that's good. because i often don't enjoy it but go ahead. [ laughter ] >> caller: i have one comment on -- before i get to my point but basically i see an awful lot of these people that are these conservatives, and i realize that -- i think i can lump them all into one thing, which is i got mine, and screw you.
7:44 am
so many look at them and i'm going to horde my pile and screw everybody else. and if i have to do anything to help anybody out, screw you. i did my thing, and if you can't, tough luck. >> stephanie: yeah now they have made us all a big pile of [ censor bleep ]. >> caller: exactly. >> stephanie: now it's our pile really. [ laughter ] >> caller: my question is this is i'm -- i'm a veteran. and because of my preexisting conditions, i have not been able to afford -- i'm self employed and i had not been able to afford insurance in my state. the insurance pool was so prohib tively experience, i had to go to the va. and i have been very, very happy with the va. however, every time i go in
7:45 am
they ask do you have outside insurance. and do we know if i'm going to have to buy into the affordable care act or not? not that i'm going to have a problem with that? but do we know if there's an exemption for veterans that use the va -- >> stephanie: right. right. we're going to have to ask jacki, and we will talk about it on the other side of the break. okay? >> caller: okay. >> stephanie: all right. stay tuned. all right, forty-five minutes after the hour. jacki, call me. forty-five minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> announcer: don't you wish your girlfriend was a freak like her? it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
7:46 am
7:47 am
7:48 am
john fugelsang: if you believe in states rights but still support the drug war you must be high. cenk uygur: i think the number one thing viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. i think the audience gets that i actually mean it. michael shure: this show is
7:49 am
about being up to date so a lot of my work happens by doing the things that i am given to doing anyway. joy behar: you can say anything here. jerry springer: i spent a couple of hours with a hooker joy behar: your mistake was writing a check jerry springer: she never cashed it (vo) the day's events. four very unique points of view. monday through thursday starting at 6 eastern. i think the number one thing that viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look ♪
7:50 am
♪ they were dancing, and singing, and moving to the grooven, and just when it hit me, somebody turned around and shouted -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ play that funky music white -- >> announcer: girl. ♪ play that funky music until you die ♪ ♪ yeah ♪ >> stephanie: as redone by the wax vac guy. >> ow! ow! >> al jazeera is going to keep those ads. >> i hope to. >> what is ow in arabic i wonder? [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: oh, dear --
7:51 am
[♪breaking news theme♪] >> stephanie: remember the jennifer coolidge character that said i was injured in an escalator accident. this is another one. a different movie. a different guest. the entire city of wyoming only has two -- this is a state that may elect liz cheney. the entire state of wyoming only has two escalators which has proven to be dangerous. >> because they don't know how to work them. >> stephanie: just keep walking. >> we're walking, walking. >> stephanie: the great state of wyoming only has two sets of escalators, and the lack of up and down education has proven to be very dangerous. both are in the city of casper. in june 2008 less than a month
7:52 am
before lee skated an 11-year-old was injured on an escalator in iowa. >> oh. >> stephanie: because there is not enough escalator education in wyoming. >> how do you fall off of an escalator? >> stephanie: i'm just saying these are the type of people that might give you -- >> chlamydia. >> stephanie: or chlamydia. all right then. >> how do some people live? without malls and escalators? my god! >> stephanie: speaking of doofy states governor -- oops. >> oops. >> stephanie: gee, i'm sure that was an unexpected consequence. planned parenthood closed three
7:53 am
texas clinics. they informed staff they would be closing because of governor oops who put it this way. >> it is our responsibility and duty to give voice to the unborn. >> i thought it was about's women's safety. >> stephanie: two of those clinics don't do abortion at all. a lot of women are going to die because of this decision. >> the right-wing said it was all about women's safety and now he says it for the unborn. thanks for the switch guys. >> stephanie: yeah. only one of the three planned parenthood clinics performs abortions. the ceo said in recent years texas politicians have created an increasingly hostile environment. texas with little or no access to health care services have been deeply effected by budget cuts including those that
7:54 am
provide cancer screenings and birth control. these policies -- blah blah blah ensuring texas women have access to the care they need to stay healthy -- texas is big jim. >> uh-huh. >> stephanie: it goes to the heart of our mission. >> it's about the size of france. >> stephanie: these regulation -- argue they were medically unnecessary and designed to shut down safe clinics, which is mission accomplished. >> how about a voice to the living. how would that be? >> stephanie: yes. curtis in las vegas. hello, curtis? >> caller: hey, i listen to you guys sometimes, i'm [ inaudible ] nra since 2006. but there is one point i would like to make about this george
7:55 am
zimmerman case. i think he is guilty, but i would just like to note if we had universal background checks he probably would have never been able to carry a weapon. first of all he has tried out for various police departments and failed the background check, and then he was on fight medication -- >> stephanie: and he also had an altercation with a police officer at one point. >> caller: right. so that's why i'm saying -- like i told your screener look, i believe in the constitutional right to bare arms but not all of us in the nra are crazy. and this guy shouldn't have been carrying a gun. he was definitely a wanna be cop. he tried out for like six different police departments. >> stephanie: yeah if you heard a lot of police organizations talk about this, they feel exactly the way you do about this guy. if you think he is some sort of
7:56 am
help to law enforcement that is exactly their worst nightmare. john hello. >> caller: i would like to say you don't look a day over 35. >> oh, quit sucking up come on. >> all rights of her -- >> caller: no, stephanie, you look beautiful. >> stephanie: thank you. [♪ magic wand ♪] >> caller: i don't understand how the prosecutors could put a medical witness up there and he is like i don't have any idea what is going on. it's more than absurd. they should be invested for negligence at least. >> stephanie: right. >> caller: just don't let anyone tell you look a day over 35. >> stephanie: thank you, i will not, john. talk to the hand, both of you. that hand is my original age. >> yeah look at all those liver
7:57 am
spots. >> stephanie: shut up. [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: can i just say there are enough drama queens to go around on this whole snowden thing. you have lindsey graham well-known southern bell that the u.s. should send a clear message to russia by boycotting the olympic games. >> how is that -- >> stephanie: oh, please stop it. >> i'm not going to vote on a new secretary of defense until the old secretary of defense testifies about what happened in benghazi. this is unnerving to a guy like me. ♪ he's doing the outrage dance ♪ >> are you satisfied with the approach the administration has taken? >> no, i haven't been satisfied
7:58 am
for a long time. >> stephanie: drama queen. why would we want to punish the u.s. athletes over a traitor who can't find a place to call home? and drama queen -- greenwald wrote a book. >> oh, look at him. >> stephanie: look at me. fifty-eight minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." ♪
7:59 am
[♪ theme music ♪]
8:00 am
>> announcer: hello, current tv land, hour number three. carlos alazraqui coming up next. jacki how are you managing your twitter storm this morning. >> nothing a couple of shots can't cure. i'm good. i'm mellow. >> stephanie: we were trying to instruct people on how better to perv out on you. we heard some guy tweeted you, i'll show you some health care. >> he put health care in quotes. >> stephanie: jim came up with some better ones. >> i've got your tongue depressor. >> oh, god! really? >> if i'm going to accept a pervy offer over twitter it has to be something good. you just opened a ginormous can
8:01 am
of worms, you understand that. >> >> stephanie: have fun. >> rick snyder said it's important to reassure residents that city services and normal operations will continue as and lousy as bankruptcy sounds this is the time and place that we can put detroit on the right path. >> i don't view this as a terrible answer in the sense that now is our opportunity to stop 60 years of decline. this is fundamental. has anyone liked the detroit of five years ago? of ten years ago? of 15 years ago? how long has there gone on, and people have not stopped to say stop kicking the can down the road and do something? >> janet napolitano is now the first-ever female president of the california ten-campus system. but her election is not without
8:02 am
objection. she tried to address concerns. >> documented or undocumented, we welcome all students to the university of california. we're here. we are in the business of education. >> the board chose her from a pool of some 300 date -- candidates only one board voted against here. we're back with more show after the break. (vo) next, current tv is the place for compelling true stories. >> jack, how old are you? >> this is what 27 tons of marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside. (vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him.
8:03 am
(vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current.
8:04 am
>> did anyone tell the pilgrims they should self-deport? >> no, they said "make us a turkey and make it fast". >> (laughter). >> she gets the comedians laughing. >> that's the best! >> that's hilarious. >> ... and the thinkers thinking. >> okay, so there is wiggle room in the ten commandments is what you're telling me. >> she's joy behar. >> ya, i consider you jew-talian. >> okay, whatever you want. >> who plays kafka? >> who saw kafka? >> who ever saw kafka? >> (laughter). >> asking the tough questions. >> chris brown, i mean you wouldn't let one of your daughters go out with him. >> absolutely not. >> you would rather deal with ahmadinejad then me? >> absolutely! >> (singing) >> i take lipitor, thats it. >> when she's talking, you never know where the conversation is going to go. >> it looks like anthony wiener is throwing his hat in the ring. >> his what in the ring? >> his hat. >> always outspoken, joy behar. >> and the best part is that
8:05 am
current will let me say anything. what the hell were they thinking? >> only on current tv. >> if you believe in state's rights but still support the drug war you must be high. >> "viewpoint" digs deep into the issues of the day. >> do you think that there is any chance we'll see this president even say the words "carbon tax"? >> with an open mind... >> has the time finally come for real immigration reform? >> ...and a distinctly satirical point of view. >> but you mentioned "great leadership" so i want to talk about donald rumsfeld. >> (laughter). >> watch the show. >> only on current tv. ♪ ♪ it's a beautiful day ♪ ♪ don't let it get away ♪
8:06 am
>> stephanie: of course it is a beautiful day. six minutes after the hour 1-800-steph-1-2. why? because it's time to have coffee with carlos. carlos alazraqui, comedian extrordanaire live in studio with us. and we're still searching, don't talk until we find your jingle. ♪ giggle giggle, gink goo ♪ ♪ coffee with carlos ♪ >> stephanie: i like the acapela version better. >> here it is. ♪ mountain grown coffee ♪ ♪ coffee with carlos ♪ ♪ good to the last drop ♪ >> stephanie: good morning
8:07 am
carlos. >> i feel like a guess with pee wee herman. >> stephanie: he's wearing his lovely tv blue shirt. >> yes. >> stephanie: i'm such a spaz -- >> and you are drunk. >> stephanie: one of the kids installed an uber app where you call taxis because you are -- >> drunk. >> stephanie: today only requests ice cream trucks on my app. i'm ordering an ice cream truck right now. ♪ [ humming ] ♪ >> the city of los angeles has declared they are illegal, uber and lift and all of those kinds
8:08 am
of apps. >> stephanie: really? will it not work? >> no, because they are fighting the city. but i have used uber and it's awesome. >> stand your ground, uber. >> stephanie: good morning, carlos. >> good morning. >> stephanie: how are you do? >> i'm good i'm caffeinated. i'm using the kirkland coffee now. >> from cosco. >> stephanie: yes. >> moon shine. cooked up in the mountains of washington. got a dog watching the selltill. [ growling ] >> it burns the pallet a little bit, but it wakes me up. >> stephanie: carlos we haven't
8:09 am
talked to you since the zimmerman zimmerman verdict. >> yeah, if they could have just watched one episode of the andy griffith show it would have been different. now -- now -- now, barn did you announce you were getting out of the car, or did you say what you were there for? well, no, why would i do that? well, you might scare somebody that you are following. now barn did you stand down when wendy on the dispatch told ya -- no i didn't stand down, he was walking down the middle of the street, and i'm a qualified neighborhood watchman. i know karate. [ applause ] >> oh, barney fife. it's a coward plus a gun getting
8:10 am
away with it. >> >> stephanie: and might i say as hilarious as that was, barney was a police officer. >> yes. lacy peterson's husband was convicted without any physical evidence whatever. there was no dna anywhere. but that jury as soon as he was pretending to be in pairs and making fake phone calls, but this is also a state where casey anthony went free, and it's disappointing. somebody is dead and -- yeah. i saw larry elder on piers morgan making a whole bunch of separate points and none of it applied to trayvon martin. blacks are born out of wedlock -- >> stephanie: yeah, like the caller that said what about the black kid that shot the baby.
8:11 am
it's like how is that connected? >> well, it's a black kid. >> there was a post about being a child in minnesota, they decide to go to get candy. they raced up a hill for fun. the cops pull them over and had to face the wrath of their mother, what did you do? we didn't do anything? sacramento, early '90s i'm performing with a comedian named johnny ray. we're staying at a condo. 3:00 in the morning, i'm awakened, johnny ray standing over me with two uniform police officers inside the bedroom of the condo, and he says carlos tell these guys that you know me. a woman had seen johnny ray, a black man standing on the balcony. oh, my gosh!
8:12 am
>> stephanie: oh my god. police response time 0.3 seconds -- >> black man on a balcony, i'm there! >> we can't experience what black people experience. my roommate told me many stories about being pulled over just because. >> stephanie: yeah, i can totally see that. [ banjo music ] >> stephanie: all right. get down off of the balcony. >> yeah. >> stephanie: and you are right. we all have friends that have a million stories like that. who was the caller earlier that said he was ant white guy. he was hispanic. which i don't know what the point was there? he identified himself as a white hispanic. >> yeah, his daddy looked like me, and he was a judge.
8:13 am
>> south american with an american sir name. >> his father is white his mother is from like peru. >> yeah that is like classifying -- saying trayvon was guilty because he was black. and maybe george zimmerman goes after him, and he says i'm pissed off and i'm going at him. i'm tired of him following me. if your karate teacher says he sucks, he sucks, perfect send him out on the neighborhood watch. >> stephanie: and somebody else make the point of the ridiculous attorney coming in with the piece of sidewalk. it's like really?
8:14 am
>> and if he had been slamming his head against a sidewalk he would have had a fractured skull. >> he never should have gotten out of the car and followed him. but they made the case about the fight and who started the fight. >> stephanie: yeah, and convenient when there's only one side of story. >> it seems like a high school boy could bully a kid to the point where the kid is like -- like you could be at a movie theater and just annoy somebody and then they turn around and go hey, and you could pull out your gun and shoot them and claim self-defense. it matters that a kid is dead because some idiot was carrying a gun. >> stephanie: exactly. maggie in lubbock, hello maggie.
8:15 am
>> caller: hello. this is jay. >> stephanie: oh. >> caller: i'm laughing -- you guys making great points. but here is something i want to say, a couple of things zimmerman, i'm sure fell backward on wet pavement and hit the back of his head. couldn't that have happened? >> stephanie: yeah. >> and there is no documented evidence that his nose was broken. and shan hannity keeps misleading the public with that information. >> stephanie: yeah. >> caller: and why didn't the police call for the ambulance to have this boy sent in for emergency to try to fight for their life. they usually do that with heart attack victims to try to revive him. >> stephanie: or ask anyone in the gated community, hey, anyone
8:16 am
missing a teenager? he is a john doe in the morgue overnight. >> let's not have any stupid neighborhood watch people traveling around with firearms. it's a recipe for death literally. all we needed was a sane person in the car with him. he had the dispaper which appealed to i his sanity but this guy was going to put on the kick ass mask -- and again, i don't think we can appreciate the problem that black people have about being constantly followed and -- oh black crime two nights ago, must be one of them. it's 7:30 at night dude. he is walking in the middle of the street. what is the burglarizing a bug?
8:17 am
a worm? >> stephanie: buddy go ahead. >> caller: i'm a father of an 18-year-old boy. i cannot imagine what it would be like to be sitting in that courtroom and seeing that sack of monkey pus being found not guilty and laughing and yucking it up. >> stephanie: and i saw the father on tv last night, and he was talking about -- i felt like my son was on trial. >> yeah. >> caller: if that was my boy, i would have been over that thing trying to kill him and then i would have begged that i get in front of the same judge and useless prosecutors and jury. the prosecutor was such a limp groom on a wedding night. he allowed him to carry a piece of concrete in and hold it up as
8:18 am
evidence. i have been doing landscape construction for years, you can't reach down and pull pieces of sidewalk up. >> stephanie: exactly. he pointed that out, trayvon was walking on a sidewalk. >> yeah. i think defense, like the oj trial, made the trial about something else. the oj trial didn't become about all of the blood evidence it became about a glove and a crooked cop. >> stephanie: and you know what you are talking about because you played berry schneck -- >> yeah and i'm a friend of cueto cueto >> stephanie: the irregular
8:19 am
regulars that was our sketch. and it was magic. >> and it was 12 weeks. >> stephanie: 13! >> and danny bonaduce. >> did you work with danny bonaduce? >> i did. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: nineteen minutes after the hour. we'll be right back to what we presume will be the "stephanie miller show". >> hey, danny come on in! >> announcer: call stephanie now. she is easy. 1-800-steph-1-2.
8:20 am
8:21 am
8:22 am
8:23 am
i think the number one thing young turks is that we're honest. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us. ♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ let's spend the night together ♪
8:24 am
♪ now i need you more than ever ♪ ♪ let's spend the night together now ♪ >> stephanie: twenty-four minutes after the hour -- >> the rolling stones. the dancing weasels and the beatles. >> stephanie: carlos is supporting the shocking news on the chi roan that a witness in the whitey trial found dead. >> yeah things happen. he was swallowed his have it -- vitamins sideways. >> stephanie: i have not heard that one. >> you got to put it the right way. >> [ inaudible ] >> stephanie: oh a little posthumous [ inaudible ].
8:25 am
house speaker john boehner bristled at the suggestion that congress has been historically unproductive. he said that is total nonsense! >> nonsense! >> stephanie: we made it clear that we were not going to do commemorative legislation on the floor. most americans think we have too many lawyers. and they want us to repeal many of those. if the measurement of productivity was passing as few bills than yes. they did even less than the do nothing congress. >> and they named the do nothing congress because? >> they did nothing. >> hey! maybe they repealed a few things -- >> stephanie: at least 40 bills,
8:26 am
and six commemorative coins. so it's not like they did nothing. how many people in the house of reps. does it matter? carlos are they going to get immigration reform done? >> it does not appear so. i think zimmerman has put a dent in that. you can't trust his latinos. >> said that latino in the room. >> i think [ inaudible ] go on and support immigration reform i think we have a shot because it's okay to come over to this country and say i'm defecting, i'm an excellent baseball player, and take baseball jobs away, but if you take those lawn picking and mowing jobs away we got a problem with that! >> stephanie: there is a piece today in "the daily beast," immigration reform isn't dead in the house.
8:27 am
here is who can save it. key conservatives believe there is still a chance. the conventional wisdom in washington has it that immigration reform is dead and the republican party isn't far behind. i said farty. >> i was going to say something but -- [ laughter ] >> stephanie: the latest rants from diehards and the crazies and the various reasons lead chiefly by tea party pressure but less attention is being paid to a handful of key conserving members in the house are giving -- yadda yadda -- reasons to believe reform is still alive in this congress. driven by old-fashioned self interests, they are republican dominos, and a major test will be when they go home in august
8:28 am
to hear thoughts from their constituents on whether there will be raging crowds of people yelling amnesty or not. >> the latino population is the faster growing population in the country -- >> eye-crumba. >> stephanie: let's go to maggie in texas. >> caller: hi, i just wanted to tell you something that i heard this morning, which is that the right-wing group crowd is saying that in fact places that don't do abortions do do abortions because birth control pills are chemical abortions. >> stephanie: dear god. what has happened in our country? >> they are considering ru486 as an abortion pill. >> no regular birth control. because it prevents pregnancy.
8:29 am
>> stephanie: let's talk about the basic logical disconnect that birth control -- >> right. free birth control at any age -- >> if you want to prevent abortions, you should be for birth control. >> stephanie: yeah. twenty-nine minutes after the hour. right back with more coffee with carlos, blop blop blop blop, on the "stephanie miller show." ♪ compelling true stories. >> jack, how old are you? >> nine. >> this is what 27 tons of marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside. (vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current.
8:30 am
8:31 am
8:32 am
8:33 am
♪ ♪ yeah, yeah, yeah ♪ ♪ yeah yeah yeah ♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> don't toy with me woman. >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show."
8:34 am
welcome to it. thirty-four minutes after the hour. carlos alazraqui. >> hello, good morning. >> stephanie: we're having coffee with carlos who is a daddy, and he about to be one again. >> yeah, we're going to try it again. see if we can get it right. the first one is a little bit nuts. here is my daughter singing row row row your boat with a twist ♪ row, row row your boat gently down the stream ♪ ♪ if you see a crocodile don't forget to scream ♪ [ screaming ] >> that is airplane pitch. >> stephanie: i never understand why toddlers get together there must be so much screaming. >> yeah it's like evolution is like i have lungs now.
8:35 am
[ screaming ] >> i am a better father than ozzie was for his first go around, so i'm very proud of myself. [ mumbling ] we're going to try again. number two is coming. we're going to do it the old fashion way and see what happened when it pops out. sir, you just cut the penis instead of the umbilical chord. >> stephanie: the headline at gawker, everyone at comma con fells like a trash can. >> it's really interesting. >> the people in costumes smell like garbage cans. >> stephanie: yeah we'll come in monday and be like did they
8:36 am
forget to take the trash out -- oh travis is back. gawker writes what is the most important thing you can learn at commacon, everyone smells like [ censor bleep ]. >> travis did talk to aisha tyler yesterday. >> stephanie: did he? >> i'm like did you book her? and he was like i'm working on it. >> i smelled like garbage last year as well. >> stephanie: carlos has played any number of characters. >> that's right, i could be commacon early. speaking of that i'm on [ inaudible ]. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: you could not top
8:37 am
the taco bell chihuahua that you also played. >> why wasn't i in beverly hills chihuahua? bastards. >> stephanie: and you were trying to do devious gardners. >> i trim your hhhhhheges. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: i would have bought that. i'm so sorry. and you have tips for illegal immigrants -- >> now, listen if you are a mexican fella coming over the border don't forget to say you your name is [ inaudible ] and you are really good at baseball. so quote your average, and we'll let you right on through. >> stephanie: and we'll see, oh after you, and become a nation of polite chipmunks.
8:38 am
>> remember good cuban baseball players good, regular mexicans taking jobs that nobody else will take, bad. >> cuban baseball players are our kind of mexican. >> they are okay to take american baseball player jobs because they are good. >> stephanie: chris could you take out your organ for me -- >> right away miss miller. [♪ organ music ♪] >> stephanie: the west borough baptist church has done some amazing things. a group of devoted satanists have been going to the grave side of the mother of the west borough baptist founding and trying to make her gay in the
8:39 am
after life. he now believes that fred phelps must believe he is gay in the after life. what they do is perform a ceremony in which a gay and lesbian couple kiss over her grave. and according to satanic tradition, she is now gay. >> i like that devoted satanists, what do you have to do? get up late. kill something. i killed a rat. all right. you are still in. >> stephanie: let's go to [ inaudible ]. >> caller: hello stephanie. i love your show. i have family that live in florida, and last night i was talking to one of my cousins, and he is kind of a gun person. and they were at a shooting range yesterday, and there were two guys there talking that they were involved in that -- that
8:40 am
one of the lawyers of george zimmerman had released the name of a juror, her and her husband own guns and are part of the nra, and they made an offer of $10,000 to each one of the jurors if they would -- would acquit george zimmerman, and that this offer was taken. >> wow. >> interesting. >> caller: that her husband went to her, and while they were in deliberation, she made the offer to the other five women. and then they agreed to go ahead and acquit him. >> stephanie: and the "stephanie miller show" should point out that anyone with an opposable thumb can dial a radio show and say stuff. >> and the names of the pilots of the san francisco air crash were also probably true. >> stephanie: oh by the way
8:41 am
asiana is not suing the tv station because you can't sue somebody for being dopey. ken in cleveland. >> caller: hi, how are you doing steph. you do realize that 17 year olds do commit violent crimes daily. >> named trayvon martin. >> stephanie: yep. >> caller: okay, so you are all aware of that. so juris they don't have the luxury of going by conspiracy theories, they have to go by evidence, and what the evidence and law dictates, that's what they have to do. >> well, the evidence is he shot trayvon martin in the heart. >> caller: well yeah the fact is that george zimmerman committed no act of
8:42 am
provication -- >> he stalked the kid. >> so anybody can follow you around 24 hours a day, hey, buddy, hey buddy, and you are not going to get mad -- >> caller: you are ridiculous pal. >> what do you believe in your heart? do you believe if zimmerman doesn't get out of the car, nothing happens? if he just drives away everybody is alive? don't you believe that? >> caller: i believe if martin would not have attacked him he wouldn't -- >> but how did they end up in the same proximity in the first place? if zimmerman doesn't get out of his car nothing happens. >> what you are not allowed to walk down the street now? >> the dispatcher told him just stand down george. >> caller: he did. >> he stalked him with a gun and then shot him.
8:43 am
>> caller: he dispatcher said where is he going? to zimmerman got out of his car to look. >> stephanie: what is that smell? [ farting sounds ] >> stephanie: it's producer travis bone calling from cam commacon. hi, travis bone. >> caller: hello stephanie. >> stephanie: how are things going at smelly commacon. >> caller: i have a starry about that. i was on the teen wolf panel, and i was sitting between a girl and a guy, and there was an odor coming from someone and i just didn't want people to think it was me. >> i'm going to go down next year and sell fabreeze.
8:44 am
and make a mint. >> why are they so smelly down there? >> stephanie: travis did you see the movie "silk wood" with merl streep. >> that's what i do every night when i come home. >> stephanie: that's what i need you to do before you come back to the studio. >> caller: i did see aisha tyler yesterday. >> stephanie: don't come back nhl you book her and also shower and get deloused several times. love you, miss you. >> caller: love you, miss you. >> stephanie: we ought to do shower-con right next door. >> stephanie: beverly you are on with carlos. >> caller: hi, how are you? i live in florida and i just had
8:45 am
something quick to said about george zimmerman's head injuries. i think they were all definitely bogus, does if you had your head slammed on the concrete your head would be mush. >> he would have a fractured skull. >> caller: last december i fainted and hit my head on the concrete -- well on my tile floor, and i had a two-inch gash in my head. and all i did was faint in my kitchen. so i think it was all bogus. i think he lied about everything. >> stephanie: speaking of bogus stories, beverly, you were drunk weren't you? come on. >> caller: no, i wasn't. >> stephanie: listen, time for a meeting. >> i remember the film of zimmerman when he arrived at the police station he looked fine
8:46 am
and the next day he had all of these mysterious cuts on his head. >> stephanie: right. forty-six minutes after the hour. right back with the remaining moments of coffee with carlos. >> what in the holy hell is going on here? >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show."
8:47 am
8:48 am
8:49 am
john fugelsang: if you believe in states rights but still support the drug war you must be high. cenk uygur: i think the number one thing viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. i think the audience gets that i actually mean it. michael shure: this show is about being up to date so a lot of my work happens by doing the things that i am given to doing anyway. joy behar: you can say anything here. jerry springer: i spent a couple of hours with a hooker joy behar: your mistake was writing a check (vo) the day's events. four very unique points of view. monday through thursday starting at 6 eastern. i think the number one thing that viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us.
8:50 am
♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ isn't she lovely ♪ ♪ isn't she wonderful ♪ ♪ isn't she lovely ♪ ♪ make her mine ♪ >> stephanie: yeah. it is the "stephanie miller show." having coffee with carlos alazraqui -- >> and stevie wonder.
8:51 am
>> live in floor -- >> stephanie: noooooo. he is going to boycott every with stand your ground laws. >> twenty-two states. >> any of them not southern states? >> stephanie: i don't know. have you heard of this guy, louisiana amnesia patient wakes up in palm springs speaking only swedish. >> please don't touch me i'm not gay. >> stephanie: he was found unconscious in a palm springs hotel room four months ago and woke up speaking only swedish. he did he does not understand english. and they cannot piece together what the what the -- >> i have heard that. and they will travel to a country and speak the language
8:52 am
and when they come back they have forgotten -- >> they have found the family and they are trying to take care of him. >> i need an intervention. >> stephanie: hey, everybody, stop putting the hyphen in jay-z. >> who cares. >> what jay-z wants, jay-z gets. >> that's right. and my new wife beyonce -- >> she is not in the past tents anymore. >> yeah, beyonc. >> stephanie: keith richards slept through mick jagger's 75th birthday party. [ mumbling ] >> stephanie: pardon me? he decided to take a little nap -- oh dear. >> how old is keith? >> 70 71 --
8:53 am
>> >> stephanie: 123. >> 71 year olds they sleep through things. >> stephanie: a source say keith was knockered. i'm not sure what that was. >> drunk. >> no, wiped out. >> stephanie: are you implying that any sort of substances have ever caused keith richards to take a little nappy -- >> i have been actually having a nap since 1968. >> heroin causes permanent naps. >> stephanie: holly in virginia you are on with carlos. >> caller: hey, i can't believe i'm on. >> stephanie: oh my god, omg. >> caller: any way you are the bomb. i have a hat, i have a peace sign. and carlos you do a mean barney fife. >> i try! >> jim you have beautiful arms and chris you have a great smile
8:54 am
and great voice. >> i think you are confusing us but go ahead. >> stephanie: okay. go ahead. >> caller: trayvon martin didn't get any justice. i'm a 52 year white woman. and i'm a shamed to be white and american with everything that is going on in the world. i would also like to know where congress and the senate are not tried for tryeason. we are all worry about what snowden is doing, what about what these idiots are doing. >> it's fun to watch darrell issa turning grey though. >> stephanie: yeah. >> what have you got this time? nothing. nothing. >> travis just tweeted the hashtag for commacon it's
8:55 am
hashtag fan boy funk. >> there it is right there. >> stephanie: oh, boy. pictures of commacon. smell-o-vision. [♪breaking news theme♪] >> stephanie: lindsay lohan is going to sell out to the oprah network. for $2 million. >> stephanie: vogue editor ana winter -- >> wintar. >> stephanie: right. has praised hillary clinton's fashion choices and given her support for running for president.
8:56 am
nathan in l.a. you are on the "stephanie miller show" with carlos. >> caller: i just wanted to ask a real word question, my son is a 6'5" black kid, and i hear on that tape when he's running. what is my kid supposed to do if some guy runs up that looks like he might have a gun in any way? so what do i tell him? do whatever you can to get away. my kid can be so scary from the back. you know, what can you do? i just tell him don't leave the state? because that's the only answer anybody seems to have for me. >> stephanie: right. and we have been talking about all of these different trials -- >> oj simpson got off --
8:57 am
>> stephanie: well there was the civil trial, and legally that might be what happens. by the way this is random. loan surviving bee gee barry gibb is writing a song inspired by jodi arias. >> what? >> stephanie: is that the most random thing you have ever heard. i can't even hear it to bee gee's music. ♪ you can tell by the way i kill my lover i'm a crazy woman ♪ ♪ not staying alive ♪ >> stephanie: maybe staying dead will be the name of it. jim always tries to look at the right side as you know and he said of the trial, at least she's thorough. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: all right. carlos alazraqui if we wanted to
8:58 am
see carlos alazraqui or know things about you what might we do? >> august 8th at flappers thursday night, also please check out blaze august 9th, opening in a theater near you. >> stephanie: we love you carlos. we'll see you month on the "stephanie miller show." ♪
8:59 am
>> i'm jacki schechner. it's noon eastern, and here's what's current. detroit is making history, but not in a good way. it's now the largest u.s. city ever to file for bankruptcy. michigan governor rick snyder held a press conference earlier today and said has lousy as
9:00 am
bankruptcy sounds this is the time and place to put detroit on the right path. he now has the chance to stop 60 years of decline. he also took the opportunity to try to reassure the people of detroit that chaos won't ensue. >> one of the first things i was concerned about is people are going to think the police aren't going to come anywhere or something is going to stop. but noirmal operations will

112 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on